End User Licence Agreement
Please Read Carefully Before Using Rungway:
This licence agreement (Licence) is a legal agreement between you (Licensee or you) and Rungway Limited, a company registered in England and Wales with registered address 2 Cobden Court, Wimpole, Bromley, Kent BR2 9JF and with registered number 09304179 (Licensor, Rungway, us or we) for an online mentoring platform (the Platform).
Important Notice To All Users:
- If you do not agree to the terms of this licence, we will not licence the platform to you and you must discontinue the process now. In this case you may not access the platform or Rungway documents
2. Accessing the Platform
In consideration for the Platform being made available to you, you grant us a royalty-free, perpetual licence to use certain information provided by you (“Information”) which will be completely anonymised unless you have separately given us your express prior consent in writing (i) in derivative works created by us and (ii) in analytical reports. The Information would only be used by us to (i) continue to improve the Platform and (ii) view and report on trending topics and themes.
We do not guarantee that the Platform, or any content on it, will always be available or be uninterrupted. We may limit, suspend, withdraw, discontinue or change all or any part of the Platform without notice. We will not be liable to you if for any reason our Platform is unavailable at any time or for any period.
3. Your identity, account and password
In Rungway, if you post questions and subsequently enter into a conversation under the “Anonymous” setting, then other users of the platform will not know your identity. The Platform makes clear which information is publicly available and you agree that this information may be viewed by others. This publicly available information includes:
- Your Profile data where you are posting Questions under the "Public" setting or sending a Reply
- Your written content on any Questions which you post under the "Public" setting
- Your written content on Replies to other people's Questions
We will comply with the above settings and use all reasonable efforts to keep the private information you enter into the Platform confidential to you (other than to those persons you have expressly authorised to view such information through the Platform). Subject to the first section of clause 2 we will not share your user details and/or information you post with any third party in respect of anonymous posts (i) except as is required to be disclosed by law, by any court of competent jurisdiction or by any regulatory or administrative body and (ii) unless we believe you are in breach of paragraph 6 (How you may not use the Platform) and (iii) if you state that you are considering physically harming yourself or others.
5. How you may use the Platform
Whenever you upload content to the Platform, or make contact with other users of the Platform, you must comply with the content standards set out in these terms and in particular this section. We will not be responsible, or liable to any third party, for the content or accuracy of any content posted by you or any other user of the Platform. We have the right to remove any posting you make on the Platform if, in our opinion, your post does not comply with the content standards set out in these terms and in particular this section. The views expressed by other users on the Platform do not represent our views or values.
6. How you may not use the Platform
You may not use the Platform:
- In any way that breaches any applicable local, national or international law or regulation
- In any way that is unlawful or fraudulent, or has any unlawful or fraudulent purpose or effect.
- For the purpose of harming or attempting to harm others including minors in any way or seek to groom or seek to influence minors inappropriately.
- To transmit, or procure the sending of, any unsolicited or unauthorised advertising or promotional material or any other form of similar solicitation (spam).
- To knowingly transmit any data, send or upload any material that contains viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time-bombs, keystroke loggers, spyware, adware or any other harmful programs or similar computer code designed to adversely affect the operation of any computer software or hardware.
- To gain unauthorised access to the Platform, the server on which the Platform is stored or any server, computer or database connected to the Platform. You must not attack the Platform via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of service attack. By breaching this provision, you may commit a criminal offence under the Computer Misuse Act 1990. We will report any such breach to the relevant law enforcement authorities and we will co-operate with those authorities by disclosing your identity to them.
You also agree:
- Not to access without authority, interfere with, damage or disrupt:
- any part of the Platform;
- any equipment or network on which the Platform is stored;
- any software used in the provision of the Platform; or
- any equipment or network or software owned or used by any third party.
7. Intellectual Property Rights
Apart from the content you upload to the Platform, we are the owner or the licensee of all intellectual property rights in the Platform, and in the material published on it. Those works are protected by copyright laws and treaties around the world. All such rights are reserved.
You may print off one copy, and may download extracts, of any page(s) from the Platform for your personal use. You must not modify the paper or digital copies of any materials you have printed off or downloaded in any way, and you must not use any illustrations, photographs, video or audio sequences or any graphics separately from any accompanying text.
By submitting suggestions or other feedback regarding the Platform, you agree that we can use and share such feedback for any purpose without compensation to you.
RUNGWAY® and the Rungway logo are registered trade marks of Rungway Limited. Other trade marks and logos used in connection with the Platform may be the trade marks of their respective owners.
8. Information on the Platform
By using the Platform, you may encounter content or information that might be inaccurate, incomplete, delayed, misleading, illegal, offensive or otherwise harmful. We reserve the right to review content provided by our users. We will act promptly if we become aware of inappropriate content or if such content is brought to our attention although we do not monitor all content on the Platform. You agree that we are not responsible for third parties' (including other users') content or information or for any damages as result of your use of or reliance on it.
If you see information that does not meet our content standards set out in this Licence please report it as soon as possible to us at email@example.com. We have procedures to review and take down such information to protect our users.
The content on the Platform is provided for support and general information only and should not be treated as professional or specialist advice. You must use your own judgement before taking, or refraining from, any action on the basis of the content on the Platform and where applicable you must seek appropriate legal or other specialist advice before proceeding.
Although we make reasonable efforts to update any content generated by Rungway itself on the Platform, we make no representations, warranties or guarantees, whether express or implied, that the content on the Platform is accurate, complete or up-to-date.
9. Limitation of liability
To the extent permitted by law, we exclude all conditions, warranties, representations or other terms which may apply to the Platform or any content on it, whether express or implied, including warranties of: satisfactory quality, fitness for a particular purpose, or accuracy of data.
We do not guarantee that the Platform will function without interruption or errors and we provide the Platform on an “as is” and “as available” basis.
We will not be liable to you or any user for any loss or damage, whether in contract, tort (including negligence), breach of statutory duty, or otherwise, even if foreseeable, arising under or in connection with:
- use of, or inability to use, the Platform;
- use of or reliance on any content displayed on the Platform.
- loss of profits, sales, business, revenue, anticipated savings;
- loss of reputation; or
- any indirect or consequential loss or damage.
We have no liability for any content that you post on the Platform.
We will not be liable for any loss or damage caused by a virus, distributed denial-of- service attack, or other technologically harmful material that may infect your computer equipment, computer programs, data or other proprietary material due to your use of the Platform or to your downloading of any content on it, or on any website linked to it.
We assume no responsibility for the content of websites linked on the Platform. Such links should not be interpreted as endorsement by us of those linked websites. We will not be liable for any loss or damage that may arise from your use of them.
10. Interactive services
We may contact you by email to update you on recent activity e.g. questions posted by other users, trending topics, or new features. If you do not wish to be contacted by email please unsubscribe by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are using the mobile app, you may receive phone notifications, for example if a new question has been matched to you, or if you have replies waiting. If you do not wish to receive these notifications please disable notifications for the Rungway app in your mobile device settings.
11. Content standards
These content standards apply to any and all material which you contribute to the Platform (“contributions”).
You must comply with the spirit and the letter of the following standards. Contributions must:
- Be posted in English only.
- Be accurate (where they state facts).
- Comply with applicable law in the UK and in any country from which they are posted.
Contributions must not:
- Contain any material which is defamatory, obscene, offensive, hateful, inflammatory, violent or sexually explicit.
- Promote discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age, except for positive discrimination as permitted by applicable law.
- Infringe any copyright, database right or trade mark of any other person.
- Be made in breach of any legal duty owed to a third party, such as a contractual duty or a duty of confidence
- Promote any illegal activity.
- Be used to impersonate any person, or to misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person or to give the impression that they emanate from us, if this is not the case.
- Advocate, promote or assist any unlawful act such as (by way of example only) copyright infringement or computer misuse.
- Be posted in a language other than English.
We do not guarantee that the Platform will be secure or free from bugs or viruses.
You are responsible for configuring your information technology, computer programmes and platform in order to access the Platform. You should use your own virus protection and security software.
13. Third party links in the Platform
Questions or replies may contain links to other sites. We have no control over the contents of those sites.
14. Contacting each other
If you need to contact us, please use the contact details set out at the bottom of these terms.
15. Changes to the terms
We or you may terminate this agreement at any time with notice to the other. On termination, you lose the right to access or use the Platform.
The following shall survive termination; our rights to use and disclose your feedback; our other users’ rights to further re-share content and information you shared through the Platform to the extent copied or re-shared, or otherwise published to other users prior to termination and sections 4, 7, 9, 12, 14, 16 and 17 of these terms.
17. General terms
If we don't act to enforce a breach of these terms, that does not mean that we have waived our right to enforce these terms.
You may not assign or transfer your rights under these terms (or your membership or use of the Platform) to anyone without our consent.
There are no third party beneficiaries to these terms.
18. Applicable law