Who We Are
We are Rungway Limited of 2 Cobden Court, Wimpole, Bromley, Kent BR2 9JF.
We are the Controller of your personal data for the purposes of the applicable data protection legislation.
The Basis On Which Your Data is Processed
You instruct Rungway to process your personal data in accordance with this policy on the following basis:
- processing is necessary for the performance of a contract, being our agreement to provide the Platform to you; or
- where the processing is not necessary for the above reasons on the basis of our legitimate interests (and we have assessed that these interests do not override your rights and freedoms).. The legitimate interests are as follow:
- providing services to you and our other users;
- activities associated with the running of our business such as finance and administration and information security and back-up procedures;
- improving and developing our services;
- marketing and promoting our business and services
Why We Collect Information About You
We collect data about you for the following purposes:
- to provide the Platform to you and give you the best possible experience of using our services.
- to match your questions with other users to answer, or other users questions with you to answer; to notify both parties of the subsequent messages, and in providing summaries of new content on a regular basis (e.g. a weekly summary email of selected advice over the platform).
- to provide anonymised, aggregated, non-identifiable reporting of themes and topics being raised over the platform
Information we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following data about you:
Information you give us
Registration: To register on the Platform, you must provide us with your name, email address, and a password. You may provide additional information during the registration process (for example, your job title) to help build your profile. You understand that, by creating an account, we and other users will be able to identify you by your public profile (though you may choose to post anonymously on the Platform where the “Anonymity” feature will be shown to you as available).
Profile information and use of the Platform: After or during the time you create an account, you may choose to provide additional information on your profile such as descriptions of your skills and professional experience, and update these details from time to time. As you use the Platform you may choose to answer questions that get posted from time to time, or to ask questions - either publicly or anonymously. Providing additional information enables you to derive more benefit from the Platform. Please note that the personal information that you provide to us may reveal or allow others to identify aspects of your life that are not expressly stated on your profile (for example, your picture or your name may reveal your gender or ethnicity).
Interacting with us: You may give us information about you by corresponding with us by e-mail or otherwise, for example where you contact our customer services department.
Information we collect about you.
With regard to each of your visits to our Platform we may automatically collect the following information:
- technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
- information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our Platform (including date and time); people you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, and page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs); and methods used to browse away from the page.
Content that you upload. We will have access to the content which you provide on the Platform, including your profile data, and private and group messages, which we may exercise on an ad hoc basis. This includes content that you post using the “Anonymous” feature.
Special Category Data
You are in complete control as to what information you place in your profile.
If you decide to input sensitive information such as details relating to health, religion or sexual preferences (“special category data”) in your profile or in content that you post over Rungway, and you decide to Share this information then you have clearly agreed to make this information public. The ways in which you Share information are as follows: By entering the information into your Profile, by asking a Public (not Anonymous) question which will link back to your Profile, or by sending a Reply, which will also link back to your Profile.
You understand that your special category data is subject to the same level of security as other personal information you upload to the Platform.
A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers that we store on your browser or the hard drive of your computer if you agree. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer's hard drive.
We use the following cookies:
- Strictly necessary cookies. These are cookies that are required for the operation of our website. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our website, use a shopping cart or make use of e-billing services.
- Analytical/performance cookies. They allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our website when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
Functionality cookies. These are used to recognise you when you return to our website. This enables us to personalise our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region).
You can block cookies by activating the setting on your browser that allows you to refuse the setting of all or some cookies. However, if you use your browser settings to block all cookies (including essential cookies) you may not be able to access parts of our Platform.
Except for essential cookies, all cookies will expire after a period appropriate to their use.
Uses made of the information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
Information you give to us.
We may use this information:
- to connect you with other users of the Platform and to prompt you or them to respond to questions by sending a reply. Your public profile may be searchable and viewable by any other users of the Platform;
- to inform and refine the Platform;
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us;
- to notify you about changes to the Platform;
- to ensure that content from the Platform is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer or device;
- to monitor the use of the Platform from time to time to eliminate infringing, defamatory, immoral, illegal, abusive and/or inappropriate use.
Information we collect about you.
We will use this information:
- to best match you with other users whose questions you may be suited to answer, or who may be best able to answer your questions; to administer our Platform and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to improve our Platform to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer or device;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of the Platform, when you choose to do so;
- as part of our efforts to keep the Platform safe and secure;
Disclosure Of Your Information
Your information will be available to other users except where you are posting using Rungway’s “Anonymous” features.
We will not pass to any other third parties any personal information that would identify you as an individual or be directly linked to you as an individual (including your contact information) except in the limited circumstances explained in this section.
We may need to share your information with our business partners, suppliers and sub- contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with you.
We may also share non-identifiable personal information with selected third parties for the following purposes:
- Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our Platform.
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- If Rungway or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers may be one of the transferred assets.
Storage and security
We have implemented appropriate security safeguards designed to protect the personal information that you provide in accordance with industry standards. Access to your data on the Platform is password-protected and we use appropriate authentication and encryption. However, since the Internet is not a 100% secure environment, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information that you transmit to us. There is no guarantee that information may not be accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed by breach of any of our physical, technical, or managerial safeguards. Please note that emails, instant messaging, and similar means of communication with other users are not encrypted, and we strongly advise you not to communicate any confidential or financial information through these means.
We retain the personal information you provide no longer than is necessary for the purposes for which it was collected. Our right to retain your personal information is subject to the exercise of your rights to request erasure in accordance with applicable data protection legislation.
Any public content posted by you during your use of the Platform will remain on the Platform even after you have deleted your account, however your name or any other Profile information will no longer be linked to this content nor viewable by anyone else.
Third Party Sites
The Platform may, from time to time, contain replies posted by others who refer to third party websites. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
You have the following rights:
- The right to request access to the personal data that we hold about you;
- The right to request rectification of the personal data that we hold about you;
- The right to request restriction of processing about you;
- The right to object to processing; and
- The right to data portability.
If you wish to invoke any of the above rights, please notify us using the contact details set out in the contact section below.
You have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority. In the United Kingdom, the supervisory authority is the Office of the Information Commissioner, full contact details for which can be found at https://ico.org.uk/global/contact-us/